Support a corporate engineering group by designing all of the heat exchangers for a new batch specialty chemicals manufacturing facility.
CHEMICAL COMPANY HEAT EXCHANGER SPECIFICATIONS PREPARATION
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client, a batch specialty chemicals producer's corporate office, to prepare complete multiple heat exchanger specifications for a new batch chemical production facility. Specifically, PROCESS completed the following tasks:
- Using batch cycle time requirements and reaction rates provided by the client, PROCESS determined heating and cooling loads for each heat exchanger. From these loads, an exchanger design point was established.
- PROCESS' commercial heat exchanger design software, CCTHERM, was used to design heaters, coolers, and condensers for the process. These designs were completed considering the transient nature of the batch process and, in some instances, the use of exchangers for both heating and cooling service.
- Data sheets and sketches were completed for each exchanger describing performance and construction requirements.
- Specialty Chemicals Production
- Corporate Engineering Group
- Heat exchanger design
- Heat exchanger specifications documentation
Copyright © 2017 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.