Provide a process feasibility evaluation of a used equipment batch reactor for the production of potassium phosphite (K3PO3), and provide additional engineering process design support.
POTASSIUM PHOSPHITE BATCH REACTOR PRELIMINARY PROCESS DESIGN
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client, a specialty organic chemical production concern, to develop a preliminary evaluation of, and process design for, proposed modifications to a batch reactor for the production of potassium phosphite (K3PO3). The primary purpose of this evaluation was to establish process feasibility and provide a basis for subsequent mechanical design modifications.
PROCESS performed the following tasks in support of this effort:
- Based on information provided by the client, PROCESS developed a process simulation model of the proposed reactor modifications using its licensed commercial computer process simulation software, CHEMCAD
- Developed a process flow diagram (PFD) with mass and energy balance (MEB) stream tables based on the CHEMCAD model calculations
- Analyzed the suitability for this application of a Pfaudler reactor that the client was considering buying on the used equipment market
- Recommended heating and cooling technology options for the reactor modifications based on the simulation model results
- Recommended a batch control scheme for the reactor
- Performed pressure relief valve (PRV) calculations for the modified reactor process.
PROCESS then summarized the evaluation and design results and recommendations in a report submitted to the client.
- Batch chemicals manufacturing
- Reactor process modeling
- Batch chemicals process engineering support
Copyright © 2017 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.