Prepare a quality assurance (QA) manual for a vertical shaft lime kiln continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS).
LIME PRODUCTION FACILITY CEMS QUALITY ASSURANCE MANUAL
The client owns and operates a lime manufacturing facility and contracted Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) to prepare a quality assurance (QA) manual for operation of a vertical shaft lime kiln continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS). The purpose of the QA manual is to provide to the client a monitoring plan for the CEMS that includes calibration tests and procedures that will be used to maintain the quality of data produced by the CEMS such that the kiln may meet the performance specifications and quality procedures set forth in 40 CFR 60, Appendices B and F. The manual included the following information:
- Process and regulatory background information including vertical shaft kiln system process description, applicable regulations and monitoring requirements, proposed CEMS description, and CEMS startup procedures.
- Required CEMS performance tests and quality assurance procedures.
- Data reduction and reporting, and record keeping procedures and requirements.
- Corrective action procedures for responding to CEMS inconsistency or nonconformance with required performance specifications.
- Preventive maintenance procedures for the opacity monitor, SO2/NOx monitor, and gas flow meter
In addition, the manual included appendices that presented the following information:
- Calculation equations for monitor calibration drift, relative accuracy, and SO2/NOx mass flow rates
- Data sheets for recording the information required to meet 40 CFR 60 record keeping requirements
- Chemical Manufacturing
- QA manual preparation
- Process documentation
- Preventative maintenance program development
Copyright © 2017 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.