Provide process engineering team staff augmentation for the preliminary design of a syngas to liquids facility.
GASIFICATION SYSTEM PROCESS ENGINEERING SUPPORT
The client, an international engineering company, was contracted by the ultimate client, a company that owns the rights to a proprietary coal gasifier, to prepare a preliminary design and cost estimate of the gas conditioning system and product upgrade system associated with the gasifier. Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS), due to its experience with biomass-to-fuels processes in general, and gas conditioning systems associated therewith in particular, was subcontracted by the client to provide process engineering services in support of this effort.
The gas conditioning system was composed of the following operations:
- Particulate removal using a water trap
- Quench with water
- Water Gas Shift Reactor using a catalyzed reactor
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) removal using a physical solvent (Selexol)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) removal using a physical solvent (Selexol)
- Ammonia removal using a sour water stripper
- Mercury removal using carbon beds.
The product upgrade system included the following alternatives:
- Gasoline production
- Low temperature Fischer-Tropsch
- High temperature Fischer-Tropsch.
PROCESS' role was to review and assist the client with the gas conditioning steps in regards to the simulation and modeling effort and producing Conditions of Service for data sheets. These Conditions of Service were used by the client to develop a cost basis for the gas conditioning steps. Additionally, PROCESS worked to design utilities systems that could be cost estimated for the project.
- Alternative Fuels Production
- Engineering team staff augmentation
- Synfuels process design
Copyright © 2017 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.