Teach Management of Change (MOC) training courses at client plant operating sites.
MANAGEMENT OF CHANGE (MOC) HAZARD REVIEW TRAINING COURSE
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) has been contracted by a wide variety of clients on multiple occasions to conduct a Management of Change (MOC) Hazard Review Training Course as described below at the client’s sites. The purposes of each of the 2-day training classes were to assist plant personnel in (1) understanding what constitutes a change to a covered process and (2) becoming proficient in leading MOC Hazard Reviews in order to identify hazards associated with the changes.
The MOC Hazard Review Training classes included coverage of the following topics:
- An overview of the OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM) regulation, 29 CFR 1910.119, and the EPA Risk Management Program (RMP) regulation, 40 CFR 68, and how MOCs and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews (PSSRs) affect the other elements of the regulations
- Identification of what specifically constitutes a change with regard to the following areas:
- Process chemicals
- Controls / critical alarms / instrumentation
- Operating limits
- Operating procedures
- Relief/safety systems
- Personnel staffing
- Occupied buildings
- Review of the corporate requirements for MOCs and PSSRs
- Overview of MOC qualitative hazard review (PHA) methodologies, including:
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Analysis
- What-If Analysis
- Checklist Analysis
- Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA) and appropriate circumstances for each of their application
- Workshop exercises that involve practice of facilitating MOC Hazard Reviews using the various qualitative techniques
- How best to document an MOC Hazard Review.
Each class attendee received a training notebook containing a copy of all slides, reference material, and a certificate of course completion. Registered professional engineers in attendance received credit for 12 professional development hours (PDHs).
- PSM Covered Industrial Plants
- PSM compliance training
- Management of change compliance training
Copyright © 2017 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.