Provide a process engineering evaluation of an operating petroleum refinery as a major part of due diligence for an investment company prior to potential plant acquisition.
OPERATING PETROLEUM REFINERY DUE DILIGENCE
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client, an investment group, to provide a process engineering evaluation of an operating petroleum refinery as a major part of a due diligence project being conducted by the client for potential plant acquisition. The purpose of this evaluation was to provide the client PROCESS' opinions relative to the refinery’s general process condition based on PROCESS' previous industrial plant and petroleum refinery experience. Specifically, PROCESS provided the following:
- An evaluation of the true capacities of each of the refinery units (Crude, Naphtha Hydrotreater, Naphtha Reformer, NaSH, and Kerosene Hydrotreater).
- A listing of bottlenecks and possible options to increase capacity in each of the units
- A listing of potential projects that could increase value of existing products (e.g., additional fractionation to produce a quality propane or field butane as opposed to the current practice which produces refinery condensate)
- A list of changes required due to current and anticipated environmental regulations.
PROCESS provided a report to the client summarizing its findings. The client purchased the refinery, and PROCESS was later contracted to perform additional process engineering and design projects associated with the refinery restart and process improvement program.
- Petroleum Refining
- Industrial Investment
- Investor due diligence process support
- Refinery unit capacity evaluation
- Process bottleneck identification
- Refinery unit design
- Regulatory compliance assessment
Copyright © 2017 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.