Perform a conceptual process design study to a specialty chemical manufacturer for the separation and purification of three different spent solvent mixtures.
MIXED SOLVENTS RECOVERY PLANT TECHNICAL EVALUATION AND HIGH LEVEL CONCEPTUAL PROCESS DESIGN
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client, an entrepreneurial company in the specialty chemicals market, to determine the major chemical processing equipment required to separate three different mixtures of solvents into high purity salable products. As a part of this project, the following tasks were accomplished:
- Used process simulation software to design a multi-stage distillation system that would generate the purity required for the three different mixtures
- Determined the approximate diameter and height required for the distillation columns
- Determined the processing conditions (pressure, temperature, and flow) required for all major streams for each of the solvent blends.
PROCESS supplied the client with a report presenting the findings which included the identity and purity of the solvents that could be recovered, the size of the distillation columns required, requirements for heating and cooling utilities, and the production rates that would result.
- Reclaimed Solvent Production
- Conceptual process design
Copyright © 2017 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.