Review a proposed industrial wastewater treatment plant conceptual design and prepare all of the equipment specifications.
WASTE WATER TREATMENT FACILITY DESIGN
The client owns and operates a chemical/materials production facility that produces nuclear fuel. Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client to execute a detailed process design for the expansion of a waste water treatment facility. PROCESS was asked to review the proposed conceptual design and prepare essentially all of the equipment specifications. Primary project responsibilities included:
- Review of client’s proposed process design of the waste water treatment system to allow treatment of a new caustic waste
- Sizing of the physical equipment
- Preparation of detailed equipment data sheets suitable for purchase of the equipment
- Review of the proposed material balance and process design
- Computer process simulation
- Process control system design and completion of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Process hazard analysis report
PROCESS' licensed commercial process simulation software was used to predict the heat evolved during the dilution of sulfuric acid and neutralization of the caustic waste with sulfuric acid. A total of 23 equipment specifications were completed by PROCESS during this project. The detail process design project was required as part of the overall project design, procurement, and construction effort, and strict schedule deadlines for all equipment specifications and reports were dictated by the client.
- Nuclear Fuels Production
- Detailed process design
- Treatment plant design
- Equipment specification
- Control systems design
- Hazards analysis
Copyright © 2017 Process Engineering Associates, LLC. All rights reserved.