PROCESS Teaches CHEMCAD Productivity Course
PROCESS’ very own Joel Reagan has been selected by Chemstations as the instructor of the CHEMCAD Productivity Course. This course teaches advanced techniques which can make process engineers much more efficient in performing process design work. Here are some of the topics covered:
Customization of CHEMCAD using Microsoft Excel® and Visual Basic for Applications® (VBA)
- Using a worksheet as a front end for CHEMCAD
- Customizing UnitOps and calculations
- Simple data connection to an external workbook
Other topics covered include:
- Examination of real equipment selection based on process performance
- Sizing of pipes, orifices, control valves, columns (packed and tray)
- Mass transfer calculation for sized packed columns
- Heat exchanger sizing using CC-THERM
- Two- and three-phase vessel sizing
- Nodes to model real hydraulics
- Special calculation methods to help simulations converge:
- Stream reference modules
- Loop UnitOp
- Controllers (feed-forward and feedback)
- UnitOp sequence groups
- Use of the META UnitOp to create simulation subroutines
Joel G. Reagan
Mr. Reagan received an M.S. in Chemical Engineering from Tennessee Technological University in 1985. He has 25 years of experience in the design, start-up, operation, and optimization of chemical processes. He uses CHEMCAD for both process design and optimization for various industries, including specialty chemicals, biofuels, and refining. His recent work includes the development of customized user-interface tools using CHEMCAD’s Visual Basic capabilities.
Scheduling a Course
Normally courses are scheduled when a group of 6 or more engineers are available. Open signup courses are offered in a given region as demand dictates. Private courses for corporate engineering staffs can be arranged. These courses can be made available at locations throughout the world.
If you would like to receive this training please email Chemstations directly or contact PROCESS by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
view Training Courses for more information on these and other training workshop courses.