PROCESS provides a full range of services relative to the sizing, verification, and modeling of Flare Systems and Pressure Safety Relief Valves (PSVs or PSRVs, Rupture Disks, and Conservation Vents) including the following:
- Generate all calculations and associated documentation for the sizing and selection of PSVs per API and/or ASME Code requirements for new or existing installations. This also includes:
- Identification of and calculations for all credible scenarios, not just the controlling scenario
- Physical properties generated by CHEMCAD process simulation models for each stream
- Performing pressure drop calculations for both inlet and outlet piping.
- Flare stack or vent stack sizing (height, diameter, tip configurations, etc.) to fall within API Code requirements. Flare manufacturers are also consulted to ensure the best available technology is included in the design. Knockout drums and blowdown systems are also designed and sized for each particular installation.
- Generate all documentation needed to meet OSHA requirements and any specific company requirements
- Generate required PSV specifications (spec sheets)
- Construct a flare or vent header pressure drop simulation model in CHEMCAD or FlareNet, including both inlet and outlet PSV piping configurations
- Perform flare or vent header pressure drop evaluations for specific PSV combinations associated with global relief scenarios. These global scenarios are developed by working in conjunction with the client’s plant staff and PROCESS often spends additional time on-site to collect any missing information that may be needed.