Size a vent system within an ammonia process.
AMMONIA PROCESS VENT SYSTEM DESIGN/SIZING CALCULATIONS
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was subcontracted by the client, a detail engineering design firm, to size a vent system for relief valves (that were previously sized by PROCESS) in an ammonia process. The ultimate client was a diversified technology company. As a part of this project, the following tasks were accomplished:
- Utilized previously completed relief valve sizing documentation to develop a hydraulic model for the vent system
- Reviewed relief scenarios to determine maximum flow rates through the vent system
- Developed sizing calculations for the vent system in accordance with API 520 and API 521 recommended practices.
PROCESS utilized its licensed commercial simulation software’s (CHEMCAD’s) hydraulics package and chemical/physical component database to develop the hydraulic model for the vent system.
PROCESS supplied the client with a report of findings including the output from the simulation software, a summary of the vent system sizing results, and a brief report that summarized the methodology and results of the calculations.
- Chemical Equipment Manufacturing
- System hydraulic evaluation