Project SynopsisProvide a preliminary process design for an Ammonium Hydroxide solution storage and delivery system skid.
The client owns and operates a facility that manufactures catalytic inserts for automotive and industrial emission control applications. The client contracted with Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) to provide a preliminary process design for an Ammonium Hydroxide Solution (AHS) storage and delivery system skid.
Specific project tasks included:
- Development of a design basis, identifying the baseline information to govern subsequent process design tasks
- Preparation of a piping specification, including specifications for instruments and valves
- Development of a Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID)
- Development of a Batch Process Flow Diagram (PFD) specific to a AHS skid
- Development of Equipment Duty Specifications for the AHS Storage Tank and the AHS Storage and Delivery System Skid
- Development of a CHEMCAD computer process simulation to size the positive displacement pump for the AHS pumping system
- Execution of hood exhaust calculations to help ensure the hood enclosing the AHS skid provided adequate draw to prevent personnel exposure.
Metal Catalyst Manufacturing
- Skidded / modular process design
- Process are ventilation exhaust hood design