Provide a third party review of P&IDs developed for a novel asphalt production technology package.
The client, a modular design, fabrication, and construction company based in Canada, contracted Process Engineering International, LLC (PROCESS) to preform a third party review of the Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) that had been developed for a novel asphalt production technology package. The package was being generated by the ultimate client, a technology development company, with the assistance of the client.
PROCESS reviewed and commented on the P&IDs with respect to the following:
- Congruence with the process design basis
- Process controls philosophy
- Relief device locations and coverage of equipment
- Identification of any common design issues based on past experience.
A summary of the review was provided to the client containing comments and recommendations for improvements.
- Independent process design review
- Refining process optimization