Develop P&IDs for the process utilities systems on an automotive plant expansion project.
P&ID SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING FACILITY UTILITIES
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was subcontracted by an engineering company for work on an expansion project of an existing automotive van production facility intended to transform the facility into a complete automotive manufacturing facility including body, paint, and full assembly functions.
PROCESS developed piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) for the following systems, which included central plant systems, as well as distribution headers to process user tie-in locations:
- Compressed air (6 and 10 bar)
- Chilled water
- Cooling tower water
- Welder cooling water
- Hot water.
The P&IDs provided the following information:
- Equipment design basis information
- Piping configuration, with valves and high level instrumentation (detailed instrumentation logic was developed by others but were included in P&ID notes)
- Piping distribution from each system’s central plant to building process user hand-off points (capped valves).
- Automotive Manufacturing
- Utilities systems P&ID development
- Large project process engineering sub-contractor support.