Provide process engineering support for the design of the balance of plant (BOP) systems for a new specialty steel production plant.
PROCESS SUPPORT FOR THE DESIGN OF A SPECIALTY STEEL FACILITY
The client, an engineering services company, was contracted by the ultimate client, a construction services company, to design facilities and infrastructure for a new specialty steel facility. Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was subcontracted by the client to assist in the design of process and utility services at the site. PROCESS completed the following tasks in support of this effort:
- Provided assistance in standardizing Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) symbology and drawing formats
- Aided in the process design and P&ID development for utility systems including cooling water, reverse osmosis (RO) water, process water, compressed air, specialty gases, natural gas, and steam
- Aided in the process design and development of P&IDs for storage and transfer systems including acids, caustic, hydraulic fluids, and industrial wastes
- Assisted in the development of specifications for process equipment including cooling towers, compressors, pumps, tanks, and filters.
- Steel Manufacturing
- Process design support
- Balance of plant process design