Develop preliminary process design information for converting cow manure derived biogas into methanol.
METHANOL PILOT PLANT DESIGN
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client, a manufacturer of skid-mounted processing systems, to provide a process design for a pilot-scale methanol production plant. The plant is designed to convert biogas from cow manure into methanol using oxygen and hydrogen from electrolysis.
PROCESS provided to the client during the course of this project:
- Heat and material balance
- Equipment list with estimated sizes for identified equipment
- Operating cost summary
- Process description
- Process control description.
- Alternative Chemicals Production
- Process design
- Laboratory to Pilot-Plant scale up