Develop an FEL-1 preliminary process design for the production of sulfate of potash by a process that produces molten potassium bisulfate which is ultimately converted into sulfate of potash.
Process Engineering International, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client, a major chemical producer in North America, to prepare a preliminary process design package (FEL-1) with an AACE Class V Capital Cost Estimate for the production of sulfate of potash by a process that produces molten potassium bisulfate which is ultimately converted into sulfate of potash. The client was deciding whether to move forward with a process design for the project and desired a high level (target of +/-50%) Capital Cost Estimate (CAPEX) and Operating Cost Estimate (OPEX) for early decision-making purposes.
As a part of this project, PROCESS prepared the following deliverables:
- Process design basis for the project
- Preliminary process flow diagram and material & energy balance
- Expected major equipment list
- Capital cost estimate basis
- Class V capital cost estimate and operating cost estimate.
The deliverables were assimilated into a final report that was presented to the client.
Commodity Chemicals Manufacturing
- Preliminary process design
- Preliminary project factored cost estimation