Perform a capacity evaluation study for an existing process that produces materials used in Desulfurization (DeSOx) processes.
The client, an international chemicals and materials manufacturing concern, desired a technical evaluation of a production unit that produces several materials (DeSOx products) used in Desulfurization processes. The client wished to evaluate the current capacity of a southeastern U.S. facility to determine what process modifications and/or equipment upgrades will be required to increase production by a significant percentage.
Specific tasks for this project included:
- Evaluation of major (vessels, dryers) and minor (pumps, blowers, fans, baghouses) equipment capacities
- Identifying critical process data and analysis thereof for the calculation of cycle times and equivalent production rates
- Unit material balance development
- Review of patent literature for process technology applications
- Design of experiment
- Heat balance of natural gas fired dryers (spray dryer and calciner)
- Preparation of a Summary Report where all recommendations were outlined.
In the execution of these tasks, PROCESS utilized its in-depth knowledge of data analysis, heat and material balance calculations, and operational practices.
Specialty Materials Production
- Process capacity evaluation
- Process debottlenecking.