Serve as Subject Matter Expert on a full-service EPC team during the development a Process Design Package covering the Polymerization section for a new Gas-Phase Polyethylene Plant.
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was subcontracted by the client, an international engineering firm, to serve as Subject Matter Expert during the development of a Process Design Package covering the Polymerization section for a Gas-Phase Polyethylene Plant for a confidential client. Raw materials (ethylene, co-monomer, etc.) are purified before they are sent to the gas-phase polymerization reactor, where they are converted to granular polyethylene. Un-reacted raw materials are recovered from the product and recycled to the reactor. The granular product is then delivered to the Finishing section to produce fully-formulated polyethylene products in pelleted form.
As part of this effort, Process assisted client personnel as they prepared the following deliverables for the Gas-Phase Polyethylene Process Polymerization area:
- Equipment Datasheets – Define the performance requirements for the major equipment items and package equipment systems
- PFDs – Show all the major equipment items and package equipment systems at a high level, plus the major piping and principal process controls that interconnect them
- P&IDs – Define the details of all the piping, instruments and minor equipment items that interconnect the major equipment items and package equipment systems
- Input to the Project Instrument Database – Define the performance requirements for the in-line instruments and valves, and process analyzers that are outside the scope of the package equipment systems
- Relief Device Specifications – Define the sizes and sizing basis for the relief devices that are outside the scope of the package equipment systems
- Flare Load Summary – Quantify the sizing scenarios for OSBL flare and flare headers
- Process Description – Used in combination with the PFDs to gain a high-level understanding of the process.
Large Scale Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Project Services
- Process Design Package (FEL-3 / FEED) development assistance
- Polymer production process consulting.