Project SynopsisServe as Subject Matter Expert on a full-service EPC team during the development a Process Design Package covering the Polymerization section for a new Gas-Phase Polyethylene Plant.
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was subcontracted by the client, an international full-service engineering company, to serve as Subject Matter Expert during the development Process Design Packages on two separate projects covering the Polymerization section for a Gas-Phase Polyethylene Plant for a confidential ultimate client. Raw materials (ethylene, comonomer, etc.) are purified before they are sent to the gas-phase polymerization reactor, where they are converted to granular polyethylene. Unreacted raw materials are recovered from the product and recycled to the reactor. The granular product is then delivered to the Finishing section to produce fully-formulated polyethylene products in pelleted form.
As part of this effort, PROCESS led and assisted client personnel as they prepared the following deliverables for the Gas-Phase Polyethylene Process Polymerization area:
- Equipment Datasheets – Defined the performance requirements for the major equipment items and package equipment systems
- PFDs – Showed all of the major equipment items and package equipment systems at a high level, plus the major piping and principal process controls that interconnect them
- P&IDs – Defined the details of all the piping, instruments, and minor equipment items that interconnect the major equipment items and package equipment system
- Input to the Project Instrument Database – Defined the performance requirements for the in-line instruments and valves that are outside the scope of the package equipment systems
- Relief Device Specifications – Defined the sizes and sizing basis for the relief devices that are outside the scope of the package equipment systems
- Process Description – Used in combination with the PFDs to gain a high-level understanding of the process.
Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) Project Services
- PDP development assistance
- Polymer production process engineering consulting.