Project SynopsisProvide an independent 3rd party evaluation of a truck loading station vent header and flare system for a proposed mixed alcohols production facility.
ALTERNATIVE FUELS PLANT TRUCK LOADING STATION FLARE SYSTEM EVALUATION
The client is an engineering company with an ultimate client base in the alternative fuels industry. For this project, Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted to provide a third party evaluation of the truck loading station vent header hydraulics and flare for a specific alternative fuels production facility designed to produce mixed alcohols.
Project tasks included the following:
- Modeling the hydraulics of the vent header network utilizing PROCESS‘ simulation software (CHEMCAD) Nodes hydraulics modeling package and reporting predicted backpressures, vapor velocities, fuel value, etc.
- Modeling the flare operation and comparing it to flare operating requirements defined in EPA’s 40 CFR 60.18 regulations.
- Highlighting all vent header system and flare design problems and suggesting corrective actions.
PROCESS provided to the client a letter report presenting the results of the evaluation. PROCESS also provided documentation of the full simulation results for the client’s records.
- Alternative Fuels Production
- Flare system analysis
- Flare system design
- Regulatory requirement conformance review