Project SynopsisPerform an independent 3rd party technical engineering evaluation of recent hot oil system modifications at a composite material manufacturing facility.
MODIFIED HOT OIL SYSTEM PROCESS ENGINEERING TECHNICAL EVALUATION
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contacted by the client, a chemicals and materials manufacturer, to review recent changes to an existing liquid-phase hot oil system, which included the installation of several new spare pumps as well as associated piping, valves, instrumentation, and expansion joints. The hot oil system provides heat to platen presses and other equipment used in making a composite material product and also is used to generate plant steam.
Specific tasks for this project included:
- Review of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) showing system modifications
- Review of piping drawings showing system modifications
- Review of vendor engineering data for specialty items
- Calculation of parameters to determine likely operating pressures in key system locations
- Calculation of parameters to determine the likelihood and severity of “water hammer,” as well as system surges to valve movements and pump starts
- Generation of a letter report detailing the study findings.
- Composite Products Manufacturing
- Process evaluation