Project SynopsisDevelop a complete PSM and RMP program at multiple U.S. chemical manufacturer’s locations.
CHEMICAL PLANT PSM/RMP PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client, a specialty batch chemical manufacturer, to develop a process safety management (PSM) and risk management program (RMP) program at their chemical manufacturing plant in the U.S.A. Similar projects were performed by PROCESS at other client plant site locations but were a subset of the list below as some program components were found to be adequate.
The project included the following elements:
- Developing a program manual
- Defining the limits of coverage on a plot plan, including identifying the location of all PSM and RMP covered chemicals in the facility
- Performing process hazard analyses (PHAs) of all covered process areas
- Performing Safety Integrity Level (SIL) selection analyses of all covered process areas
- Developing operating procedures in a regulatory compliant format
- Developing P&IDs and PFDs of all process areas and utilities throughout the plant
- Developing Safe Operating Limits tables with consequences of deviations and corrective actions listed
- Developing maximum intended inventories
- Developing the sizing basis for all pressure relief devices throughout the plant
- Developing a document control system for process safety information (PSI)
- Developing the safety requirement specifications (SRS) for all SIL-rated safety instrumented systems
- Developing ventilation design documents for occupied buildings
- Developing the Management of Change (MOC) and Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR) procedure
- Conducting multiple training sessions for all plant personnel on an overview of PSM and MOC/PSSR
- Conducting a training session for all engineers and managers on the ISA standard S84.00.01-2004 for safety instrumented systems
- Conducting a training session for all engineers and managers on Hazard Review Leader Training for Management of Change.
- Chemical manufacturing
- PSM/RMP program development
- On-site process engineering support