Design, and manage the procurement, installation, and start-up of a coagulant/flocculent chemical feed system for a municipal water plant.
WATER TREATMENT COAGULANT/FLOCCULANT FEED SYSTEM DESIGN AND INSTALLATION
The client owns and operates a public water treatment plant. Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted to design, procure, and manage the installation and start-up of a coagulant/flocculent chemical feed system. Project tasks included:
- Vendor coagulant/flocculent testing coordination
- Chemical feed system process design
- Capital/operating cost estimates preparation
- Equipment layout drawing preparation
- Detailed equipment specifications preparation
- Detailed process design report preparation
- In-plant pilot testing
- Equipment procurement
- Installation and start-up management.
Prior to feed system process design, laboratory-scale testing was performed for the purpose of selecting the optimum water treatment chemicals and dosage rates for the commercial application. PROCESS’ function during this project task included test design and oversight of the laboratory testing for selected vendors’ water treatment chemicals. Capital/operating cost estimates were prepared from the feed system process design and the findings of the treatment chemical laboratory tests. Detailed equipment specifications, prepared for the chemical feed system major unit operations, presented information requisite for the procurement of the equipment. The equipment layout drawings showed plan and elevation views and major dimensions for the proposed system.
The final chemical feed system design package included:
- Water treatment chemicals laboratory testing summary
- Equipment layout drawings
- Capital and operating cost estimates
- Equipment specifications.
PROCESS also provided equipment procurement, installation, and start-up management support to the client. In addition, PROCESS provided pilot testing management support to the client for the selected treatment chemicals for the purpose of proving on-stream performance.
- Municipal Waste Water Treatment
- Coagulant/flocculent feed system design