Project SynopsisProvide process engineering support to a nuclear reactor fuel manufacturer in the form of performing a variety of calculations for Integrated Safety Analysis accident analyses and set points.
URANIUM RECOVERY FACILITY PROCESS CALCULATIONS
The client owns and operates a U.S. based batch specialty materials manufacturing facility that produces reactor-grade fuel. Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted to execute two separate projects to verify and/or perform calculations that support Integrated Safety Analysis (ISA) accident analyses and set points. Examples of the calculations performed or verified include:
- Nitrogen supply header restrictive pipe sizing
- Maximum flow down drain line for glovebox
- Interface level switch set point calculation
- Evaporator column vent sizing set point analysis
- Evaporator concentrate hold column vent sizing set point analysis
- Tank overflow line set point analysis
- Tank nitric timer set point analysis
- Plant air header pressure switch set point analysis
- Tank heating rupture disk set point analysis.
All calculations and verifications were performed by PROCESS under the client’s NQA-1 quality procedures.
- Nuclear Fuels Production
- Integrated Safety Analysis calculations