Provide assistance in preparing a construction bid package for a project to modify portions of an existing pipeline terminal facility.
PIPELINE TERMINAL PROCESS ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANCE
The client, a regional engineering company, was asked by the ultimate client, a natural gas and liquid petroleum gas pipeline operating company, to provide a construction bid for modifications to an existing pipeline terminal in the Midwestern U.S. More specifically, the client had envisioned the project proceeding in two phases:
- Phase 1 – modifications to the piping, to be completed in four sections:
- Pig Launcher
- Filter Skid
- Metering Run
- Pump Area.
- Phase 2 (future) – installation of the new pump and electrical modifications.
The client subcontracted specific project tasks to Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS). The following Phase 1 tasks were completed by PROCESS:
- Gathering and reviewing process drawings, site photographs, and the construction sequence
- Marking site photographs to illustrate the scope of work
- Generating documents that define the scope of Phase 1 modifications, including the ultimate client task codes, and the listing of process flow diagrams (PFDs) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Advising the client of improvements to documentation and/or procedures.
- NG and NGL Pipelines
- Pipeline project management support
- Construction bid package support