Develop an FEL-1 preliminary process design and CAPEX for a new polyester and a new polyurethane reaction system.
The client, a large chemical manufacturer, contracted Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) to develop an FEL-1 process design for new polyester and polyurethane reaction systems to be installed within an existing facility. The polyesters and polyurethanes produced by the new unit would be utilized in two component adhesive systems. The client currently produces these materials and is looking to expand production in a new location capable of supporting a range of raw materials and final product formulations.
The following process design tasks were completed for this project:
- Process design basis preparation
- Evaluation or raw material storage and handling requirements
- Development of material & energy balances using CHEMCAD simulation software
- Process flow diagram preparation
- Preliminary layout drawing preparation
- Utility and emission summaries
- Existing utility system assessments
- Preliminary sized equipment list development
- Preliminary cost estimate preparation.
The client is currently moving to further plans for construction of the new processes.
- Batch process design
- Existing facility process expansion.