Perform a technical evaluation of existing wastewater injection well pumps, provide pump system options, and develop equipment specifications for budgetary quotes to support a chemical manufacturing facility.
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client, a chemicals and pigments manufacturing concern, to perform an evaluation of the existing wastewater injection well pumps, provide pump system options, and develop specifications for budgetary quotes for a mid-western U.S. production facility. The scope of work also included: perform an evaluation of a product filter press, develop a process duty specification, obtain vendor quotes, and develop a bid tabulation.
As part of this project the following tasks were accomplished:
- Identified equipment limitations in the current pump system
- Modeled piping system pressure drops
- Develop pumping system options
- Develop pump process duty specifications
- Evaluate filter press physical limitations and operational requirements
- Develop filter press process duty specifications
- Obtain vendor quotes and develop a bid tabulation for equipment selection.
PROCESS utilized its licensed commercial simulation software’s (CHEMCAD’s) hydraulics package and chemical/physical database in addition to OLI electrolyte modeling software to develop the heat and material balance for the project.
Paint & Pigment Production
- Technical process equipment options evaluation
- Hydraulics evaluation
- Vendor bid package preparation.