Provide vendor identification and selection assistance for the replacement of an existing glycol chiller unit at a chemical manufacturing plant.
CHEMICAL PRODUCTION FACILITY CHILLER REPLACEMENT VENDOR REVIEWS
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was asked by the client, a specialty chemical production company, to identify and contact various glycol chiller vendors to determine options and pricing for the replacement of an aging chiller system that is currently in use at the operating site.
The following tasks were accomplished by PROCESS in an effort to determine replacement options and associated costs for the client’s process chiller system:
- A site visit was conducted to gather data for the existing system and to copy relevant information from the client’s equipment files
- The original manufacturer for the existing unit was contacted to ensure that the client’s equipment files match the manufacturer’s ‘As- Built’ data
- A literature review and data search was conducted to determine other potential vendors that supply industrial size chiller systems
- Potential vendors were contacted and asked to submit technical details and pricing options for a replacement unit
- A document summarizing the vendor information that was obtained was prepared and submitted to the client.
- Specialty Chemicals
- Process equipment selection assistance