Develop an FEL-1 preliminary process design and cost estimates for a Demonstration Scale Rubber Recovery Plant utilizing used tires as a raw material feedstock.
The client, a rubber tire recycling concern, contracted Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) to provide a preliminary process design and cost estimate for a Demonstration Scale Rubber Recovery Plant. The primary purpose of the project was to perform preliminary process design work and generate a preliminary capital and operating cost estimate for such a plant (FEL-1 process design). The following tasks were performed:
- Design Basis development which involved the development of the baseline information that governed all subsequent process design tasks
- Preliminary Process Simulation Model development which involved the development of a comprehensive, detailed mass and energy balance for the rubber recovery process being developed
- Preliminary PFDs and Process Description preparation by utilizing the mass and energy balance information generated in the previous task
- Preliminary Equipment List preparation involving the development of an equipment list that shows the new major pieces of equipment or systems that will be required for the process being evaluated
- Preliminary Capital Cost Estimate preparation, +/- 50%, which involved the development of an order of magnitude capital cost estimate for completing design information generated during preceding tasks
- Project Summary Report preparation, which involved Process assembling and conveying the project deliverables, information, findings, and any comments or recommendations in a summary letter report.
Used Tire Recycling
- Process modelling
- Preliminary process design
- Preliminary CAPEX and OPEX development.