Project SynopsisProvide a preliminary greenfield plant design for a sodium bicarbonate facility to be co-located at an existing manufacturing facility.
SODIUM BICARBONATE PLANT PROCESS DESIGN AND COST ESTIMATE
The client produces sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) and has just recently started up a new commercial production train. Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contacted to explore the cost of installing an additional, 2X larger, separate, green field train at the same plant location. The primary goal of this process design project was to prepare an FEL-2 level preliminary project total installed capital cost estimate. A secondary purpose of the project was to prepare process design information that will ultimately be included in a subsequent process design package from which detail design firms can bid on the detail engineering portion of the project. Project activities to this end included:
- Information review and process utilities evaluation
- Process Design Basis preparation
- Process simulation review and revision
- Preparation of Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs)
- Modified Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) preparation
- Equipment Layout Sketch preparation
- Equipment List and Major Equipment Sizing preparation (crystallizers, centrifuges, heat exchangers, hydrocyclones, screeners, classifiers, etc.)
- Capital Cost Estimate preparation.
The deliverables will allow the client to develop an installed capital cost estimate and to possess the process design information needed to proceed to the detail engineering portion of the project.
- Minerals Processing
- FEL-2 level process design
- Preliminary cost estimation
- Greenfield plant design