Project SynopsisProvide process engineering support to a detail design group working on the design of a new tire manufacturing facility by reviewing and validating the process utilities for the plant.
TIRE MANUFACURING FACILITY UTILITIES PROCESS ENGINEERING ASSISTANCE
Process Engineering Associates, LLC (PROCESS) was contracted by the client, a detailed engineering design firm executing projects in the municipal and manufacturing sectors, to assist at their group with the front-end engineering design (FEED) of the utilities systems for a new U.S. tire-manufacturing plant. Assistance was also desired for the preliminary selection and sizing of equipment providing high pressure hot-water to the automated tire presses. The following tasks were accomplished:
- Reviewed literature summarizing the tire manufacturer’s production technology
- Reviewed and commented on the client’s Issued for Review (IFR) P&IDs covering all utilities for the manufacturing plant
- Analyzed preliminary calculations that determined design loads for all utilities and set preliminary equipment requirements
- Generated secondary calculations which took into account the projected manufacturing rates, machine availability, and determined the minimum utility rates required.
PROCESS supplied the client with Excel spreadsheets that detailed the utilities calculations. The utilities information supplied was used to help arrive at a Total Installed Cost Estimate for the tire manufacturing facility.
- Tire Manufacturing
- Process utilities systems design
- Independent process engineering review